Topics

NW8L piardopofdm/gARIM station available for testing on 10.133 (USB dial)

Bob NW8L

Hello,

I'm running gARIM and the ardopofdm v2.0.3.30-BPQ-OFDM TNC from G8BPQ on 10.133 USB dial for testing (I had to move down from 10.135  to avoid FT8 signals). In the evening I'll move it to 7.110 if band conditions warrant it. gARIM and the TNC are running on a Raspberry Pi 3. Try downloading the spwxfcast (space weather forecast) file.

ARIM or gARIM work well as a test harness for the TNC. ardopofdm introduces a new command, ENABLEOFDM, used to turn the OFDM feature on and off. This can be done in ARIM by sending the command directly to the TNC at the command prompt, using the ! (bang) prefix:

!ENABLEOFDM TRUE
!ENABLEOFDM FALSE

if you want to experiment. You can also control the ARQ connection bandwidth with the "arqbw" command in gARIM and ARIM, see their respective help files:

https://www.whitemesa.net/arim/arim.html
https://www.whitemesa.net/garim/garim.html

ardopofdm seems to be compatible with ardop2 v2.0.3.9 if ENABLEOFDM is set to FALSE, but it is not compatible with ARDOP_2Win v2.0.4.

73,

Bob NW8L