Topics

HF software Ardop roadpath ahead.

Bradley Glen

Good day

After finding Autex written by Patrick under Multipsk , I have been testing this for a number of months recently and have regular skeds.

Once getting used to the application and how its rich functionality has to offer I do believe these principles have been left out of so many ham platforms .

Autex offers slotted arrangements and meeting over HF.It can be equated to HF zoom keyboard to keyboard and file transfers.There is the originator to start the meeting and then participants 2up to 13 set by originator.
The participants respond to an open CQ and can join and leave at will .

It is a fantastic way to have a meeting between many participants over HF .

Seeing ARDOP is for Hams  , something like this should be looked at in roadpath ahead as we have not seen this in any of the other ham programs availible ..

Autex really works well and can be suited for standard one to one chat or for emergency operations where multiparty messaging is required  .
Effectively a station could leave the meeting going 24/7 and people can join and leave at will - awesome software .

regards

Bradley Glen
ZS5BG
South Africa

Rafael Diniz

Hi Bradley,

Are multipsk or/and Autex open source?

Rafael

On 11/19/20 8:15 AM, Bradley Glen via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Good day Rafael

The last time I spoke to Patrick who writes the Multipsk modes , he mentioned that it is no longer getting any more attention from his side and so any additional functionality would not be written .
As far as open source Multipsk is the only platform as it was included by Patrick as part of the free users modes.

Perhaps engagement with Patrick would be a good way to look at his code .
He is active on the multipsk forums and has always answered any quieries we have had as well as suggestions.

Thank you

regards

Bradley Glen
ZS5BG