Topics

Current stable version of ARDOP?

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Hi ARDOP devs,

Which version is currently considered stable? Is it still ARDOP1, or should we (the Pat project) start working on ARDOP 3 support?

Any insights will be appreciated!

--
73 de LA5NTA / Martin

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Bumping this.

It would be interesting to know the current roadmap of ARDOP.

I'm seeing more and more adoption of the closed-source commercial VARA modem here in Norway, which is a shame IMHO. Especially for Raspberry Pi users, since some Winlink RMS sysops are starting to pull the plug on ARDOP and VARA is x86 windows only.

Any ideas where WDT stands with regards to VARA vs ARDOP?

Thank you!

Ugo Poddine

Hello,

The birth of Ardop, as open source multi platform protocol running also on Linux environments and so well over small PI platforms (in my case on PI2 with pat), has definitely been a strong revolution (and evolution) in the winlink network, pushing several hams to switch to open source OS and platforms.
Any regression towards "only windows platforms" should be seen, on my opinion, as disgraceful.
Any possible help should be given, on my opinion, to the development of Ardop protocol, in any case at the moment surely very stable.
Possible evolutions, like the test of OFDM protocol made two years ago, are really interesting, considering also the level of development of opensource digital over HF protocols. FREEDV 700D OFDM mode, for example, is now also well adapted to old only analog radio (like the mine), and no more confined to SDR  level frequency precision radios.

Thank-you
73, IU1IPB Ugo

Il giorno 9 Apr 2020, alle ore 19:38, Martin Hebnes Pedersen <martin.h.pedersen@...> ha scritto:
Bumping this.

It would be interesting to know the current roadmap of ARDOP.

I'm seeing more and more adoption of the closed-source commercial VARA modem here in Norway, which is a shame IMHO. Especially for Raspberry Pi users, since some Winlink RMS sysops are starting to pull the plug on ARDOP and VARA is x86 windows only.

Any ideas where WDT stands with regards to VARA vs ARDOP?

Thank you!

Rafael Diniz

I consider the most stable ardop2 version (for the OFDM variant) to be:
2.0.3.38-BPQ-OFDM

Ardop1ofdm most recent is 1.0.4.1q-OFDMBPQ.

Rafael